Terms and conditions
Sealing and maintenance
• Three coats of seal and two coats of oil are standard, but additional coats are available.
• Seal longevity is dependent on traffic conditions and maintenance carried out by client.
• We recommend maintaining your floor with professional maintenance products only.
• Professional maintenance products and yearly maintenance programmes are available through our office.
• Seals are generally touch dry in 3 hours, oils in 14 hours. It is the client’s responsibility to make arrangements to avoid contact with seals during curing time.
• Whilst Floor Sand Solutions will aim for 100% perfection, hand applied seals may not show complete uniformity. Re-coating at client's request is chargeable.
• Seals require 72 hours curing time and should be protected whilst curing.
• Floors should not be covered, nor furniture replaced, until curing process is complete. RFSC cannot be held liable for marking to floors after job is complete.
• We recommend that after the floor has been sanded and sealed you attach pads to the feet of all furniture. This will prevent unnecessary scratching and will increase the life of the floor.
• It is the client’s responsibility to ensure rooms are completely empty of furniture and other tradesmen at the start of work. Curtains should be taken down or tied back where possible and wires should be taped up so that they do not touch the floor.
• If rooms are not left empty, whilst every effort is made to be careful, RFSC cannot be held liable for any damage that occurs during the removal of furniture.
• We recommend that floors are completed as the final part of the project.
• Our sanding process is reported to be 97% dust free. Small amounts of dust are produced and this may be further affected if a large amount of hand sanding or repairs are necessary.
• Although due care and diligence will be exercised by Floor Sand Solutions Ltd, due to the nature of the machinery used decoration and skirting may be liable to marking. Floor Sand Solutions Ltd cannot be held liable for unavoidable marking nor the costs of redecoration.
Hours of work
Where possible hours of work will be 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday to Saturday, however due to the nature of the sealing process staff may have to make site visits at any time.
Due to the natural movement of wood, filling cannot be guaranteed and can fail at any time.
• Repairs will be made as necessary to make good the floor surface, unless otherwise instructed by the client. Sub structure repairs will only be made after consultation with the client. If repairs are required an estimate will be supplied to the client and the cost of the said repairs will be over and above the initial estimate submitted.
• Supply of reclaimed timber is in accordance with market availability.
• Reclaimed timber cannot be guaranteed to be the same colour as existing timber.
• All colour samples are representative and may vary due to individual conditions.
• Once colour has been agreed, verbally or otherwise, any subsequent changes will be chargeable at full job rate. It is the client’s responsibility to check suitability of colour at moment of application.
• Due to nature of application technique skirting may be marked during colouring. The company cannot be held liable for marking or redecoration.
• Complete uniformity is not possible when hand colouring and finishing a floor, although every effort is made to achieve the best possible result.
Sanding machinery requires 240v in ready supply. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure their power supply is fit for purpose.
Booking and payment
• A 30% deposit may be asked for in order to secure larger jobs in the diary.
• If floorboards, wood or other materials are purchased on behalf of the client, payment up front will be required for the said materials.
• Payment is required on the day of completion unless prior arrangement is made.
• Scheduled dates may be subject to unexpected change.
• Payment may be made by cash or cheque.